One year back I joined as a junior.
So much things happened throughout the past one year. I started as Team Leader of STEP Project. If you were to ask me what is the significance achievement that I achieved, I would say no, only until I made the decision to take up the role as an Organising Committee President of Green Agent Summit (GAS), there it goed my turning point in my AIESEC journey.
Throughout the whole LLDS, I would say it was more than my expectation. Senior track pulled the EBs team back on track. With the same value that we hold to, with the clear goal that we want to achieve. Thanks to Shi Ying, Joshua and Wei Jun who designed the session.
Belbin test was another awesome session. I never know I would change so much from a Team Worker to an Implementor. I do agree that I am one of those who turn ideas into actions. However, the most surprising moment was I got 13 for Shaper, which I got it 0 when I was a junior. Finally I realize how each role that you play in a team will actually change your personality.
In another way, the Belbin team role actually cleared my doubts that am I behaving too pushy towards my Directors/ Team Leader. Now I realize it is just my leadership style. I got to believe in myself :) I believe that one day they are going to understand why am I behaving that way. If you were to ask me what it mean to be a team, I would say that if one day my team is recognized as the best team, my directors, my team leader should be really proud of what they have delivered together with their team. But not how much their VP has done to them.
Senior's track ended and we joined our juniors. It was awesome as well. Why do I say so? Seeing how motivated are them, seeing how much they promised, I suddenly feel that EBs are not alone. Throughout the past one month, though we got members, but they are new, it is a kind of burden to educate them, But right now, I see growth in them. I see how ready are them to take the responsibility which is awaiting in front. I feel relieved, not because I got less job to do, but the burden is halved. And I am truly motivated.
EB's sharing time. I shared my journey as an Organizing Committee President of Green Agent Summit (GAS). Team Leader of GIP and Member of STEP came to approach me. Why do I specially mentioned their role?
I was from STEP, thus I am more than willing to share and hopefully motivate them. Involving in project was really not easy, I understand deeply how they feel.
Then why Team Leader of GIP? Because if I am not a Vice President of MarCom now, I would be the left and right hand of my ex-VP GIP, Ka Mun. Leaving GIP department somehow made me feel that I am selfish. However, I am really really glad that my sharing of my TL/OCP/VP journey actually helped him.
He asked me: what is the difference being a Team Leader and a Team Member except for LTtT? I am as new as my Team Member, but they are expecting I know more than them.
I said: Think about why you are the chosen one but not them? Being a leader is not only about the knowledge that you have, but the your thinking skill and people management skill. I was just like when I was a TL, OCP and even VP. You have to believe in yourself, there are certain area that you are better the other, which qualifies you as a Team Leader. :)
He did realize that why KM got no director, he asked and KM didn't answer. Anyway, I explained to him, and I set an expectation to him that I foresee him to be able to perform like a Director to KM. To be able to think at the level of EB.
I feel great that although I am no longer KM's director, but at least I have tried my best to build a replacement of me to her :)
As a conclusion,
Thanks to AIESEC for providing the platform. I see my growth.
There is certainly moment when I feel like giving up, quitting AIESEC. However, like what I always told the newbies: if you never push yourself hard enough, you will never know how far you can go.
Carmen told us, there are just another 28 weeks till the end of our EB's term. Only then I realized that we got no much time left. Are we going to end our term with the low performance like past 4 months. Definitely NO.
And I started to love this team :)
So much things happened throughout the past one year. I started as Team Leader of STEP Project. If you were to ask me what is the significance achievement that I achieved, I would say no, only until I made the decision to take up the role as an Organising Committee President of Green Agent Summit (GAS), there it goed my turning point in my AIESEC journey.
Throughout the whole LLDS, I would say it was more than my expectation. Senior track pulled the EBs team back on track. With the same value that we hold to, with the clear goal that we want to achieve. Thanks to Shi Ying, Joshua and Wei Jun who designed the session.
Belbin test was another awesome session. I never know I would change so much from a Team Worker to an Implementor. I do agree that I am one of those who turn ideas into actions. However, the most surprising moment was I got 13 for Shaper, which I got it 0 when I was a junior. Finally I realize how each role that you play in a team will actually change your personality.
In another way, the Belbin team role actually cleared my doubts that am I behaving too pushy towards my Directors/ Team Leader. Now I realize it is just my leadership style. I got to believe in myself :) I believe that one day they are going to understand why am I behaving that way. If you were to ask me what it mean to be a team, I would say that if one day my team is recognized as the best team, my directors, my team leader should be really proud of what they have delivered together with their team. But not how much their VP has done to them.
Senior's track ended and we joined our juniors. It was awesome as well. Why do I say so? Seeing how motivated are them, seeing how much they promised, I suddenly feel that EBs are not alone. Throughout the past one month, though we got members, but they are new, it is a kind of burden to educate them, But right now, I see growth in them. I see how ready are them to take the responsibility which is awaiting in front. I feel relieved, not because I got less job to do, but the burden is halved. And I am truly motivated.
EB's sharing time. I shared my journey as an Organizing Committee President of Green Agent Summit (GAS). Team Leader of GIP and Member of STEP came to approach me. Why do I specially mentioned their role?
I was from STEP, thus I am more than willing to share and hopefully motivate them. Involving in project was really not easy, I understand deeply how they feel.
Then why Team Leader of GIP? Because if I am not a Vice President of MarCom now, I would be the left and right hand of my ex-VP GIP, Ka Mun. Leaving GIP department somehow made me feel that I am selfish. However, I am really really glad that my sharing of my TL/OCP/VP journey actually helped him.
He asked me: what is the difference being a Team Leader and a Team Member except for LTtT? I am as new as my Team Member, but they are expecting I know more than them.
I said: Think about why you are the chosen one but not them? Being a leader is not only about the knowledge that you have, but the your thinking skill and people management skill. I was just like when I was a TL, OCP and even VP. You have to believe in yourself, there are certain area that you are better the other, which qualifies you as a Team Leader. :)
He did realize that why KM got no director, he asked and KM didn't answer. Anyway, I explained to him, and I set an expectation to him that I foresee him to be able to perform like a Director to KM. To be able to think at the level of EB.
I feel great that although I am no longer KM's director, but at least I have tried my best to build a replacement of me to her :)
As a conclusion,
Thanks to AIESEC for providing the platform. I see my growth.
There is certainly moment when I feel like giving up, quitting AIESEC. However, like what I always told the newbies: if you never push yourself hard enough, you will never know how far you can go.
Carmen told us, there are just another 28 weeks till the end of our EB's term. Only then I realized that we got no much time left. Are we going to end our term with the low performance like past 4 months. Definitely NO.
And I started to love this team :)
No comments:
Post a Comment